Victoria from Dreaming Daffodils has nominated me for the Liebster Award. I had no idea what it was so I did a little Google and once I got the jist of what it was, I thought it was really lovely that Victoria had picked me as one of her nominees.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers, (Up and coming eh? Check me out). It floats round the blogisphere and you are nominated by fellow bloggers.
There are rules of course, and here they are:
1. You must post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions set by the blogger that nominated you.
3. Choose 11 blogs and link them in your post.
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you have nominated them.
6. No tag backs!
I decided to do this mainly because I was planning on doing a ‘Facts about me’ post anyway and this is a really good way for readers to find new blogs they might be interested in. So, lets get this show on the road (I’m sorry, that was lame).
11 Facts about me
1. I am originally from Northern Ireland but my Dad was a soldier so I moved around quite a bit when I was younger and I now reside in Wiltshire, England.
2. I love nerdy and geeky things.
3. I secretly covet the idea of LARPing, but would never do it for the fear of making a fool out of myself.
4. I love my Blackberry. The handset not the fruit. No matter what people say, it will not change my preference in mobile phones.
5. I’m an animal lover, love ’em all, but my favourite animal would have to be Pigs. They’re so cute.
6. I hate the Summer. I much prefer the Winter. No-one gets it, but in the Summer, it’s really hot (only sometimes in the UK) and you get all sweaty and smelly and feel really uncomfortable all the time. People walk around with barely any clothes on (I’m all for loving your body the way it is but sometimes, you just shouldn’t show that much skin, I do not want to see your breakfast and lose mine. There’s a time and a place people). In the winter, its cosy knits, rosy cheeks and comfy nights in. It’s so much easier to warm up than it is to cool down.
7. I have a cat called Pixel which I’m sure I’ve mentioned before. He is awesome (when not ruining my favourite handbag or trainers) and pretty weird. Sometimes he sounds like Gizmo from The Gremlins.
This is Pixel
8. I don’t really like all the fancy schmancy food that has become so popular, I’m a simple girl with simple tastes, give me a cheeseburger or a bacon sandwich any day.
9. If I had to choose one place to shop for the rest of my life, it would be eBay. I love eBay. I love finding rare stuff on there, and stuff that is one of a kind. I loves me some bargains.
10. I collect Marilyn Monroe stuff, don’t care what it is, if it has Marilyn on it, I’m having it.
11. I love a good cup of tea, has to be PG tips though, with milk and 2 sugars. I love the fact that in British TV, no matter what has happened, from someone being mugged to someone dying, someone always says ‘What you need is a good cup of tea, that’ll sort you right out.’.
Superhero, definitely Superhero, but I think that’s a bit unrealistic. So back in the real world, I have spent most of my working life working for Mobile Phone networks. I really enjoy working with mobile Phone technology and ideally would really like to work in Advertising or PR for a major phone manufacturer or Network.
All the rubbish that spawns from these terrible reality TV shows like TOWIE, Geordie Shore, Made In Chelsea, its mainly their ‘language’, I hate hearing grown men and women saying things like ‘Reem’, ‘Well Gel’ AND ‘Totes Amaze’. Please just stop now.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose to live?
Both me and Hubby would like to live in America. It would have to be a small town out in the middle of nowhere and it would have to be somewhere that isn’t too hot.
5. Why did you begin blogging?
I’ve been quite poorly for quite over a year and a half now, no one has been able to tell me what is wrong with me even though I have been back and forth to the hospital for tests and had investigative surgery. Some days I can’t do much or leave the house and that’s where doing my nails comes in. But when you spend ages doing your nails and no one ever sees them it can be a bit boring so I decided to share my nails and other random things with the interwebs.
6. What do you look for when it comes to skincare?
I get really dry and greyish skin because I’m not well and so the main thing I look for is something hydrating and something that gives me a bit of a glow.
7. What is the funnest thing you have ever done?
In 2008 I went on Holiday to Dawlish in Devon with Hubby, my son and Hubby’s family. This was the first holiday I had been on in a long time and had so much fun. Apart from that, my teenage years were pretty fun but we wont go into that.
These are 2 of the pictures I took of the beautiful Dawlish seafront.
8. What movies have made you cry?
I’m a bit of a sucker for sad things and I cry at the drop of a hat, so you can pretty much guarantee that if it has a sad bit in it, then it has made me cry. Films I have watched recently that made me cry are PS I Love You and The Proposal.
9. What cosmetics brand is your favorite?
Definitely Barry M. It’s high quality with an affordable price tag and they have a massive colour range, especially in their nail paints.
10. Do you have any interesting hobbies?
Not really tbh, I like to chill out with Video Games every now and then and I read but apart from those and nails, that’s pretty much it.
11. What was your favourite moment of 2012?
2012 was a pretty pants year so I don;t really have a favourite moment that I can think of. I have a ‘proud of myself for’ moment when I managed to go for surgery by myself and got through it even though I have an irrational fear of Hospitals, needles, blood and being cut into. I’m actually a bit of a wimp really.